Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Potting Up

\
These bigger size cups will give a little more root space for these growing tomatoes.
I have several varieties of heirloom, open pollinated tomatoes.  For canning and sauce making, Roma is my favorite.  For fresh eating, I have one cherry (isn't that all you ever need?) and an old one called Brandywine. Plus, a type I discovered last year when friends shared some from their garden... sooooo good. It's called Black Krim.  And then, something new, called Red Star. I can't remember why I chose that one. Maybe it is an early variety.  They are all looking good, and hopefully will be thriving and even bigger when it is time to plant them outside.  It's good to keep them moving up to larger pots. I think it helps their root system to develop and keeps the potting soil fresh and new... At least, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
I also potted up the broccoli and cauliflower, and they are now living out in the cold frame with all the onions and the cabbage.
I couldn't resist picking up a couple trays of these pansies at the feed store.  It is my one spot of color after a long, cold winter. 
The chicks hanging out in the big coop.  They are like gangly teenage chickens now.  And eating me out of house and home!
Excitement!  The daffodils I planted late last fall are up, and getting ready to bloom! yippee!



No comments:

Post a Comment