Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sweet Corn

I picked the sweet corn today.  I only planted a small amount.  And,  I should have planted successive crops so we could enjoy the goodness over the course of several weeks.  Most of this went into the freezer.

As much as I hate adding another electrical appliance to the house, we are getting a small chest freezer for the basement.
The small freezer compartment of our refrigerator is already at max capacity.

I wonder if the goaties will eat the corn stalks?  They always try to sneak a few bites of the leaves when we walk past.

1 comment:

  1. You guys need to invest in a Harvest Right Freeze Dryer. Your food will last up to 20 years that way when properly stored. Since you have your own garden, your own eggs, and your own chickens, you could really make it pay off quickly.

    ReplyDelete