Sunday, May 31, 2015

Rainy Day

So, May 2015 was the hottest May on record around here.  It was plenty hot, thats for sure.  I am enjoying the cooler temps and steady light rain today. The garden is liking the moisture also.

I will make use of the wet weather as an excuse to stay inside and get some things done in the house.  Though I am trying to avoid stripping wallpaper... I am always trying to avoid that... NOT my favorite thing.

So not much doing outside, though I did a bit of much needed weeding.  And walked aroind with the camera. Here are a few photos... our flower beds arent much for panoramoc views, but some close ups arent bad.
This is a rhubard flower.  Its ginormous!   Each of those flower clusters are about 2 feet tall.  

Some late blooming daffodils.

Ok, just happy to see all those potatos coming up!

The hens are hanging out in the shelter of the chicken tractor.  Which is more than I can say for the goslings, who apparently dont have the sense to get out of the rain. 

We scored these great wood frame windows at the dump.  They will become part of the greenhouse when we can get around to building it.

Pansies... always one of my favorites

Bleeding Heart, aptly named..

Siberian Iris.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment